Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Edgar Allan Poe Nails

I wasn’t feeling the whole traditional Halloween nails this week, so I decided to go for Poe nails. I’d say it’s pretty perfect timing, too, because The Raven movie is coming out soon, which is based off of Poe’s work. These nails were inspired by Edgar, himself, and The Raven.

DSCN1196

I used Pure Ice – Kiss Me Here on my index fingers, then used a Stripe Rite striper in black to create a raven in a tree silhouette. For my ring fingers I used 2-3 coats of Sally Hansen – Pure White Tip, and tried to replicate a picture of Poe with my striper. I used a white Stripe Rite striper to make thin white lines around his jaw, so show that it was a shadow, and not a thick line by mistake. For the rest of my nails I used 3-4 coats of New York Color – Sidewalkers, and placed large grey and small red hexagon glitters along my tips.

DSCN1187

DSCN1192

I hope you all enjoyed these nails! I’m pretty pleased with them! This is only the second time I attempted to paint a person on my nails, aside from my Seether nails.

Do you think this was a fun Halloween(ish) mani?

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing!

    And Mr. Poe looks especially haunted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! As creepy as he is, I still love him :)

      Delete
  2. Yep, I really enjoyed these nails... and I'm a great admirer of Edgar Allan Poe.
    =D
    Rock ur Nails!
    rockuroutfit.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you like them! It's nice to know that there are other admirers of Poe!

      Delete