Sunday, July 8, 2012

e.l.f.–Neon Pink + Leopard Nail Art

I’ve been wanting to join in on the neon craze, so yesterday I painted my nails with e.l.f. – Neon Pink. They look orange, but once compared to an orange polish, you know that it is, indeed, a pink polish. It has a little bit of shimmer to it, too.

DSCN0439

DSCN0443

I first applied white polish, to make the next 3 coats of Neon Pink pop.

Today, I decided to add some nail art to it, and what better than black leopard spots?!

DSCN0446

DSCN0449

DSCN0450

See the shimmer in the last two photos? It reminds me of China Glaze – Love’s a Beach, but I think Love’s a Beach is more pink. I don’t have it, so I can’t compare, but what do you think?

On a very strange side note: when typing nail polish brands in a post, does anyone else freak out if they aren’t 100% sure they’re correct? By that,I mean the punctuation, capitalization, etc.. For example, I was never sure how to type e.l.f.; I would spell it Elf, E.l.f., E.L.F., e.l.f. and elf. I finally decided to check the website, and did come to a conclusion: e.l.f. :)  I know the bottle is all lowercase and has periods, but thought that it may just be for looks, or advertisement purposes. Anyway, if anyone else wasn’t sure how to correctly type it, now you do :)

4 comments:

  1. whoa this is BRIGHT! it made all the other posts in my feed reader seem dull in comparison lol! oooOOOh the shimmer is sooo pretty!! where did you purchase this one? (:
    btw i'm really meticulous about spelling/punctuation in my posts too! i'd hate to seem careless by having misspellings and whatnot in my posts :x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
      I bought this in a trio (I believe it was called "Summer Brights") at Ross Dress for Less. It's kind of a hit or miss with Ross and other stores alike. I do know that occasionally T.J. Maxx gets some e.l.f. polish. Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I don't see many e.l.f. polishes around, in general :(
      They are pretty nice for the price, though!

      Delete